Thursday, May 9, 2013

There's a Baby In That Suitcase

It's Thursday, we leave for Bulgaria Sunday and I have done nothing to get ready. NOTHING. Before, when I was traveling alone, I could get ready for a month long trip to Ghana in about an hour flat. Now that I have to think about a baby who requires a lot of things, I definitely can't pull that off. So maybe I should start prepping to at least pack. Maybe...


^^^This picture is from the last trip I took to see my family. Mila thought it was appropriate to sit in the suitcase and inhibit me from packing. Maybe she will be more helpful this time, but that's doubtful. 

**Also, those chubby 6 month cheeks!! I DIE!!! How cute is she!?!!?



Randomly, I have become a smoothie addict. I had one smoothie from Jamba Juice and I was hooked, just not to paying $5 for a smoothie (WHAT!?!) so I have been whipping them up at home every day since. I love having one for my morning snack after I run. There is nothing better than a tall glass of cold-deliciousness after a long, hot run, and they really are so good for me. I have a hard time eating enough calories some days due to the amount I run, and a smoothie is a great way to pack a bunch of calories (but good ones) into a drink and slurp it down really fast. Nothing like getting tons of fruit/veggie servings in the form of a yummy treat!


Some of my favorite combinations thus far are:

                         
Banana, strawberry, kiwi, low fat plain Greek yogurt and orange juice.


Banana, green apple, kiwi, spinach, low fat plain Greek yogurt and skim milk. (no after photo, but it was a pretty green smoothie!)


Mango, banana, strawberry, low fat plain Greek yogurt and orange juice or skim milk. 



Mila also shares my new love for smoothies! She stole this smoothie straight from the hands of my friend Dawn. 



^^My view this morning of Mila while I was running. She likes to REEEEALLLLY get comfortable in the stroller. Feet up and everything. There is usually a trail of cheerios behind us, so if I ever get lost, all I would have to do is follow the cheerios home. 

Ran 4 miles at a 7:54 pace. Felt super tired this morning after doing 90 minutes of Bikram yoga last night, but  running always makes me feel better and gives me more energy. Crazy how expelling energy can actually make me more energized! Yayy for endorphins!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment