Thursday, April 11, 2013

Family Activities

While my family was visiting me, my niece and nephew were fully focused on spending as much time in the water as possible. This meant beach, pool or even random fountains around town. There really isn't anything better than being a child and playing in the water. I remember growing up with a pool in my backyard and spending hours playing in it until my little fingers and toes shriveled up and I was told to get out.

We also hit up the Palm Beach Zoo, which was a lot of fun. It is about 30 minutes away from us, which is much closer than the Miami Zoo and much smaller which is a good thing when working with a 6, 4 and 1 year old. The Miami Zoo would have been torture for all of us, but the Palm Beach Zoo fit just right! So many cute animals to see, and BONUS, there was a fountain for the kids to play in.

This past week with my family really was a wonderful treat. I love spending time with them, and hearing Cayden (4 year old nephew) say "I love you Aunt Amanda. You're the best girl" really does bring the biggest smile to my face.

And now, tons of photos.....

Love love LOVE these kiddos^^^^


^^We love the beach, but trying to keep the sand out of this little one's
mouth is nearly impossible. Oh well. A little dirt never hurt anyone, right?!?!
^Some quality girl time painting nails.^




^^The otters were so playful and seemed like they were having such a good
time. Maybe the otter life isn't so bad.....
^My little baby in a big nest^
RARRRRRR
^^Apparently this is a ceremonial piece of art that would typically be used
for sacrifices.......WOOPS!!
^My mom and sister got me an apron for an early Mother's Day gift. Watch
out Stepford Wives :)

^^^Mila's first birthday cake homemade by Mama.
^^We celebrated Mila's birthday a little early since my family
was here. 

YAYY for books from my grandparents!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment