Sunday, May 12, 2013

Packing and Mother's Day---because that's how everyone celebrates Mother's Day, right???

Over the years I have gotten really good at packing efficiently and quickly for myself. Add a 1 year old, and that all goes out the window. When we go on trips, I still try to be as low maintanence as possible because I realize that everything I pack, I have to carry. Plus a child.....I'm not THAT strong, so I try to to pack as little as possible without actually forgetting something important.

The bag that gives me the most trouble is the carry-on. Clothes can be washed, so the checked luggage can be packed in no more than 5 minutes. But the carry-on has to have everything that you could possibly need for at least 20 hours. I pack wayyyyy more diapers than may even be humanly possible to use in that time frame, but the one time I don't pack enough is the one time we would have an emergency and need them. I also pack extra clothes for Mila, snacks, toys, water, wipes, snacks for me (I eat way too frequently to forget a snack for myself), medicine just in case something happens and passports!! <<Can't forget those!

That mountain of diapers could probably last us a few days, but I take no chances while flying for 10 hours. 


Other than packing, I just pray that Mila is good on the plane. She has a bad habit of screaming--for joy or sadness--so there could potentially be a lot of that and I will feel so bad for the people around us. Maybe I will have to buy them those little bottles of wine. Drinks for everyone!!! <<HAHAH I hope that doesn't happen. Hopefully they are just understanding.......



Aaaaaannnnnddd it is Mother's Day. So, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mommys out there, but especially to my momma. She is become such a good friend to me as I have gotten older, and I honestly don't know how I would get through a single day without talking to her on the phone. (It has become a problem....I'm pretty sure she ignores my phone calls sometimes...)

16-year-old me and my momma in Tanzania. We really are best friends who traveled the world together. Sadly, she has found a new travel friend and is in Costa Rica as I type =( booo. <<I just say that because I'm so jealous. LOVE YOU MOM!!!

And can't forget that I'm also a mom (I mean, how could I) to this beautiful little girl. Can't wait for the years when she will be making me breakfast in bed----this WILL happen. I only get one day..... 

And here's one more adorable picture of little Mila drinking a smoothie. I had to make smoothies twice yesterday because she likes them so much. Can't complain though since she is getting tons of fruit/veggie servings. Just look at that expression......girl has a serious personality. 




No comments:

Post a Comment