Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby Steps

After 9 months of working on (fighting for) a solid nap schedule, I think I have finally gotten one that works. Since the day Mila was born, she never easily slept during the day. I used to spend hours trying to get her to sleep, only for her to wake up as soon as I leaned over to deposit her in the crib. I can't tell you how many times I just sat on her bedroom floor and cried out of exhaustion and confusion as to why she wouldn't sleep. Then, I had a moment of clarity about 7 months in, and I just thought that I needed to relax and not care so much about it. Sure, if she doesn't sleep then she is extra cranky, but at least I will have not spent hours out of my day stressing myself out over it. And as if she knew I had this new outlook on naps, then she started to go down easier. I gave myself time limits of 15-20 minutes, and if she didn't fall asleep within that time, I would just give up and try again later. No more swaying with her in her room for an hour until my arms literally wouldn't move. And just like that, she is a great napper now!! I haven't wanted to say anything about it for about a month because I didn't want to jinx it, but I really do think we are in a good zone now. And it feels great! Really, knowing that I will have a break during the day just makes things easier and means that we can plan so many more activities around this time. Couldn't be happier with my little girl :)


Also, Mila has started to walk!! Say whattttt??????? A little sooner than I expected, but that's okay. She started to really show an interest at around 9 months. Always holding my hands, but I could feel that I wasn't really doing much. Now she takes a few steps between furniture, and can hold my hand and walk for pretty long distances. It really is amazing watching a child learn. AND it's great because she walks like a little drunk person, which at times can be pretty funny hehe




No comments:

Post a Comment