Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Monday, so I'll blog....

At a friend's birthday recently. This girl is so cute! 
It never ceases to amazes me how shocking it still is being a parent. Mila is 10 months old, and I am still getting used to all the changes that happened in my life, and that continue to happen. It really doesn't seem to matter how many times someone tells you "Your life will never be the same" or how many books you read about raising a baby (which for me was none =/), it is still the most shocking thing becoming a parent.

Just because I say it is shocking and I am still getting used to it doesn't mean that I don't know what I am doing or that I don't enjoy it immensely, but there are still moments (or days) where I'm like "I just don't want to do anything.....nothing". I want to sit on my couch and watch TV (which I don't even have...so that makes a lot of sense). But you get the picture. I just want to be LAZY sometimes. But you can't be. Not when you have a child. Not when that child depends on you for everything, including non-stop entertainment throughout the day.

Since she was born I kept telling myself that the next stage will be easier. But then I got to that stage, and it wasn't easier. Certain things were, yes, but then other things become more difficult. So I have finally come to the conclusion that it won't be easier for a while. Like a LONG while. Eventually things may, but for now and for the immediate future, I am accepting that this is going to be a lot of work all the time. Non-stop, with no breaks or vacation days, because that's what it is about when you become a parent. 100% commitment all the time. Learning to juggle a million things at once and doing all chores with only one hand (because you know the world would end if I put the baby down for one second).  And while I'm doing all that, I will sing a song because she likes it and it makes her smile.....and I live to make that little girl happy.
She was really just trying to pull my hair but being deceivingly cute about it.

My purpose in life has certainly changed drastically from what it was just a mere 10 months ago. While I do still sometimes struggle to keep up with all the changes, it couldn't be more crystal clear to me than in those sweet, cuddly moments with her. I am a mom and I wouldn't change that for all the lazy days in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment