Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Greek Festival!


A few weekends ago we went to the annual Greek Festival here that is put on by the local Greek Church. This is really one of my favorite things to do here. I look forward to it every year. The beautiful Greek dancing, the shopping (!!) and the a-maz-ing Greek food (this alone could lure me anywhere). It is by far my most favorite festival every year. And this year I got to bring Mila to it, which made it even more special to me!!


Adorable dancing!
We had a great time with friends. Snacked on saganaki (fried cheese. YUM), an assortment of desserts---my favorite being some sort of almond cookie--and wine. Really doesn't get much better than that..... wait, yes it does. There is also dancing! Food + booze + dancing = great night. I am one of those people that loves all things cultural, so for me the dancing is such a highlight. They have all ages/levels of dancing, and the little kiddos made me so happy.




So basically what I am saying is that if there is ever a Greek Festival near you, GO. It will be amazing, and eat lots of fried cheese and desserts. Because that's what you do when you go to festivals....you eat =)

No comments:

Post a Comment