Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chili on a Cold South Florida Day

It has been cold here in South Florida recently, which  gave me the perfect excuse to make all my "cold weather foods". One of those is a chili that i LOVE and think it is so tasty that even meat eaters would enjoy it. Basically you swap ground soy for beef, which can be found at any grocery store. You can find the recipe here. I like to make mini cornbread muffins on the side because that's just how chili should be eaten.


And since it has been cold here, we have been spending a little more time in doors. (I know when I complain about it being cold, I really have nothing to complain about since I don't live in a place that has an actual Winter but it has been in the 50s lately.) Anyways, something we take full advantage of is the children's area at our local Barnes & Noble. There is a train set to play with and loads of books, so Mila couldn't be happier. And there is a Starbucks down stairs, so momma couldn't be happier. That's what I call a win-win situation!

1 comment:

  1. It has been chilly here in Oklahoma recently too, but luckily this week seems to be warming up. So ready for it! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete