Sunday, March 3, 2013

Renaissance Festival


It's alllll about the snacks with her.
I think south Florida has a season of festivals during the winter because every weekend it seems like there are multiple festivals to go to, which is really great for me since I have Mila and she loves being outside and around people. So double score for me!!

Anyways, this weekend I ventured to the Renaissance Festival with Mila and a couple of friends. I have heard about it for years, but never actually gone until now. And really, this experience has changed my life. I have never been to something so strange/cool/bizarre/straight-up awesome. It's a huge festival filled with people dressed up and acting like they are from the Renaissance. And they are serious about it.....they do not break character at all. Most of the time I was there, I just kept saying to myself "Where am I???" There is tons of food, shopping, shows, and just interesting people to look at. Definitely something I will be attending next year, and probably for the rest of my life. I mean, what's better than a day full of crazies......nothing =)
Random dancing around a tree.
Can you see him????  ^^^
All the rides at the festival are powered by people, which is actually pretty cool. When I took this picture, I didn't even notice the guy doing a flip while pushing the dragon (sea monster??? no idea). Pretty cool though. 
This ^^^ I just have no words for. Some guy on stilts acting like a puppet. Absolutely creepy/the weirdest thing I saw all day. Or maybe all year. His little hands reminded me of the Lawrence Welk Show on SNL with the woman who had tiny baby hands....anyone else remember that??? So strange. 

All Mila wanted to do was walk, but since she is not the most fantastic walker and there are ten million people way taller than her trying to run her over, this is how she acted half of the time we were there. You know the wiggle game?? She has absolutely perfected that. She makes it almost impossible for me to hold her since she won't stop moving/throwing herself backwards. Really, after all this, my arm muscles are going to be so strong. So maybe I should be thanking her.....

                         



No comments:

Post a Comment