Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Walking all day, every day.


She never realized all this mulch was out there in the world
to play with. Now she knows^^^
Lately Mila has only been taking one nap. ONE NAP PEOPLE. This is not enough for me. She has never been a good napper, but I could always get at least two in there, but for the past few weeks she just refuses the second one. Sometimes I will still leave her in her crib for "quiet time" but that really doesn't make her any less cranky later on in the day. So basically, I have given up on that afternoon nap and have moved her morning nap to a later time, which now means we have oodles of time in the morning to do things. Things like go to the park every.single.day. The monotony of it kills me, but Mila loves it. Now that she is walking it has opened up more things to do besides push her on the swing, but these are still things that I would rather not do. Things like trying to eat all the mulch in the playground. I really thought we would be past this stage by now, but she is still trying to put anything and everything she finds into her mouth. Maybe in a couple of months it will be over??? Let's hope.

Speaking of Mila walking, (which she apparently decided to perfect over night) now everything takes 8,000 times longer than it should. She wants to walk without holding my hand and just wander about aimlessly, stopping to look at, sit down and pick up whatever is on the ground. Don't get me wrong. I'm super proud of her for walking, but she certainly does know how to throw a temper tantrum when I try to help her out and hurry things along. And she is also walking on the smallest feet possible. Do you see those shoes in that picture??? Size 2.....which is also known as 3-6 months. I keep thinking they are too small and putting a bigger size on her only to have those shoes fall off. People comment on it all the time....smallest shoes they've EVER seen (probably not, but you know how people like to exaggerate). Maybe her feet will grow soon and maybe that will help her walk faster. We can only hope.

^^Here's another picture of the shoes. 
Who knew this little rocking sea horse
could be so much fun???

No comments:

Post a Comment