Sunday, April 21, 2013

Gumbo Limbo 10k

I did a 10k a couple of weeks ago to support a local turtle rehabilitation center called Gumbo Limbo. They do a lot of work in regards to rehabilitating turtles that have been injured and they also help with turtle hatchings.

There is nothing I love more than being surrounded by a bunch of people who love running as much as I do. There is always great energy at these races that it just seems so FUN. I love a little competition, and at a small race, I can really pick people off. And of course, I really love the free breakfast afterward....or maybe Nik loves it more since he is the only one who ever eats it. But who's keeping track?? =)
^^^I will forever take ugly finishing photos, so I'm learning
to embrace that and like this picture












< My support crew >








^^^Oh, and did I mention I got 2nd place in my age group??? Got myself
a new glass for that =) 

~~Also, I have been doing Bikram Yoga lately. Anyone else tried it?? It's amazing if you haven't and if you're thinking about trying it, JUST DO IT. It is super intense, but your body will feel amazing afterwards. My knees have been feeling so much better since I started doing it, so YAYY for no more achy knees.



No comments:

Post a Comment