Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mila's 1st Birthday!!

Oh man. I am REALLY bad at updating things when they happen hahah.


Mila turned 1 on April 15th!! I really cannot believe that one year of her life has already passed us by. It is honestly kind of a big blur...probably due to the lack of extreme exhaustion I have been experiencing for the past year. But, that's okay because when she is older and no longer waking me up all through the night, I will probably be wishing she would cuddle up next to me again. So, I am savoring all these moments....or at least trying to.

Nik and I made the decision that we would not be having a birthday party for Mila this year,  but instead, we would just have a quiet family dinner and I would make some sort of dessert. However, my dear friend Dawn surprised us, and threw a little birthday soiree for Mila anyways. Most of my friends were able to come, and it was a really special time catching up with them and playing with the birthday girl. She did not care one bit about anything pertaining to the fact that it was her birthday, and spent the whole time trying to eat mulch. Whatever rocks your boat Mila.

For her actual day of birth, I made a simple dinner and delicious vegan cupcakes. I planned to have a picnic, and in true fashion, there was a HUGE thunderstorm right as we were leaving. Boo. But we made it work, and all together it was a great first birthday =)



^We have a 1 year old..... SAY WHAAAAAT?!?!?!
Just holding it up to make sure it'll fit^^
LOVE these girls right here^
^^^^Mila's crew ----swag 
^YAYY for healthy baby cupcakes =)


^Always trying to escape my hugs....






No comments:

Post a Comment