Tuesday, March 19, 2013

That Perfect Saturday


This past Saturday, Mila was on cloud nine due to the fact that her Dada was home all day! This seems like no big deal, but this is a rare occurrence for our family since he works so hard to allow me to stay at home with our little girl (Thanks so much!). Whenever these days do roll around, you'd think we would relax and enjoy the shared responsibilities of taking care of Mila, but instead, we pack our day full of activities. On this fine Saturday, there was a long run for me and a walk on the beach for them, followed by some quality swing time. Then nap, lunch, laundry, swimming in the pool, grocery shopping, walking in the neighborhood and dinner making. We were all sufficiently exhausted by days end, but it is always so nice to have a day when the three of us are together. Mila couldn't have been happier to get so much attention, and she gave lots of hugs and kisses to thank us!!

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I have finally committed to running a full marathon (26.2 miles) later this year. It has been a long time coming, and I feel like now is a good time to do it. I actually wanted to do one before, but little Mila showed up and I certainly couldn't do it pregnant, so I had to put my plans on hold. I am pretty excited even though it is a while away because my best friend from high school will be running the half also!! Yayy yayy yayy!!! I finally bought new running shoes for the occasion since my old ones have basically died. (I'm embarrassed to admit how long I have been running in them, but there are holes where my toes are....) Anyways, I will be sure to update with my running progress and such since this is something I am pretty passionate about =)
^^New shoes. Hopefully my knees will be thanking me.

The perfect kiss on Mila's cheek^ 

A special moment with Bunny. Mila has been super cuddly
lately, even with all of her stuffed animals. It's pretty sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment